The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Demetri Martin

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yes, Sir, We Have No Bananas :: Epilogue

It occurred to me the other day that I recently posted a note praising my good friend Pam's delectable banana bread recipe, wherein I seemingly flaunted this oral delight.  "Flaunted" in that I described the recipe and the decadence of the treat, yet neglected to share the recipe with you, my dearest of friends (next to Pam, of course.  I mean, she did introduce me to my one true sweet-treat love...). 

So without further ado, I present to you...
Pam's Banana Bread 
Preheat oven to 350f
Mash 2-3 over-ripe bananas
Mix in 1 egg
3/4c sugar
1c miracle whip (mayonnaise)
1 tsp vanilla

Then in a separate bowl mix:
1&1/4c flour
1tsp Baking Soda
1&1/2 tsp baking powder pinch of salt
wheat germ (so you can say that it's healthy and good for kids)

Combine dry and wet ingredients
Pour mixture into greased pan or muffin cups
Loaf pans cook for about 45 min
Muffin cups take about 20 min
For a special treat:
Mix in 1/2c chocolate chips to final mixture
(so you can be sure that it IS NOT good for you OR the kids ;)

Note to self (and by self, I mean you):
This recipe doubles very well
(or triples if you are a glutton like me and mine, or you just have lots of gross bananas).

Enjoy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails