The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Demetri Martin

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Behind the Brush :: Nudes

Original Print Date: Saturday, September 19, 2009 by Sonia

In an effort to develop my own style, when I started painting a few years ago, I eagerly tried to paint various subjects. One subject I found challenging and exciting to paint was the female form. I spent time looking at photographs and other paintings, carefully looking at where the light and shadows fell. Here are a few of my favorites. Viewer discretion.

Untitled




This is the first one I painted. A little too perky for my liking, I gotta work on that.

Untitled




I next moved on to the female form in corsets, creating a whole new painting obsession. I even wore a corset to an event to get a feel for the pressure and pinching the women before us endured for fashion. This painting is my favorite corset painting and it is hung in my home.

Girl with Red Hair




I love this little painting. It is part of a private collection.

Untitled



The back is so vulnerable. This painting is part of a private collection.

1 comment:

Andrea on Third Street said...

Sonia, I love the first painting. She looks like she's floating. Who doesn't like floating??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails