The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Demetri Martin

Friday, December 3, 2010

Rock Star Cloth Doll by Third Street

I am in love with this new Third Street Rock Star doll.


Decked out in his Dad's hand me down jeans and dress shirt, this little dude is totally rockin' his own hipster style.  His ill-equipped seamstress girlfriend (humbly known on Third Street as The Machine) went into chain stitch overdrive on this one.  Tightly HAND EMBROIDERED chain stitches offer up bold lines for the star, the 45, and the steel glasses.  The fine detailing, frames and lettering are done BY HAND using a back stitch and his gorgeous Third Street eyes are done in our characteristic satin stitch.  Which was also done A LA MAIN. 

Is my redundancy irritating?  Yes.  But - I have an ulterior motive fueled by only a wee bit of resentment .... Which I will not allow myself or the lovely readers of this blog to be bothered by any further, as its cause is not even worth mentioning in the company of true appreciators of handcrafted goods ... and people who are insightful enough to recognize inherent skill when its achievement is justly earned.  Painstakingly, in fact.  But let's get back to the doll, shall we?

Once he was finished according to the custom order criteria, I felt this doll was still missing something. Then I decided the little dude's inner child was just screaming for some vinyl.  Aren't we all? So I kicked it old school and payed homage to the black circle.  

I think this little buddy is going to look sweet in Jack's Rock Star nursery

So let's hear it for all the Rock Star babies out there:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails