The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Demetri Martin

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thrift Trip

I took a short run to Value Village today and found a few little gems for my "studio space."  Stop laughing, Sonia.  I can call the messy space in my sun room anything I want.  Eventually, when I have a space all my own (again, enough with the laughing!) for doing all the crafty things that I love, I will have lots of cool and inspiring things to use for decorating the space.

This is what I found on my thrift trip today ...

 

A 1969 reprint of the Metropolitan Opera House poster for its October 22, 1883 Opening Night presentation of Faust.
Plus, three mint glass medicine bottles (poorly captured in this picture, sorry).  Perfect for storing potions and other concoctions one may have need of storing.

Another unexpected thrifty find at a non-thrift retailer:  
A Nike swimsuit that rang in almost $50.00 lower than it's tagged price.  Cha-ching!  I mean, if you're going to buy a swimsuit and subject yourself the the sort of self pitying/ridicule that goes along with the whole change-room encounter, than the least the store can do is knock $50.00 off the price, right? 


I'm so glad the cash register agreed.  Surprisingly, I did not photograph the swimsuit.  Sorry to disappoint.

There was a girl in front of me in line at Value Village who was buying a smashing bikini that would have photographed well, though.  The funny part was that while the sales person was ringing in her order, she got a call on her cell.  She proceeded to apologize to the person calling for failing to meet them earlier in the morning as she had been called out of town.  Wow.  That's some bikini.

Not that I was eavesdropping. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails