The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Demetri Martin

Thursday, October 22, 2009

My first "Log Cabin"

A while back Andrea and I visited a few of the shops on the Peggy's Cove Road, something we've always wanted to do but never made time for. On our travels we visited the Teddy Bear Quilt Shop, quite possibly the largest collection of quilts for sale we've ever come across. All of their quilts are made in Atlantic Canada, with a lot of them quilted by hand.

There was this one pattern, that in every color combination, I loved, called a log cabin. Most of the quilting squares I've done in the past were done with fabric cut into little squares first and then pieced into the pattern, whereas the log cabin is done with strips of fabric, pieced.

The next chance I got, I hauled out one of my quilting books and started cutting some strips. I made four log cabin squares and created this reversible Christmas table cloth for my Mom.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails