The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Demetri Martin

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Friday Night Sewing

Another night of mad - girl sewing.  Our digits are all intact, however we've begun once again to add to the severed limbs doll pile.  It's a beautiful thing.

We have the order for my good friend Karen (balls, binkies, and dolls - oh my!) nearly completed.  We're very pleased because we got to use the chenille blankets we nabbed at Fabricville last month.  They are just as soft as the chenille backs we've always used, but they are more plushy and give the binkies, well, more plush!  

We're also working on a hand embroidery piece for my friend Sherri - well it's technically for Sherri's son, but time has yet to tell whether she'll actually give it to him or keep it for herself!  This piece uses a combination of hand and machine applique and hand embroidery on an upcycled moss-coloured wool and will feature a hand stitched "You are my Sunshine" endearment.  We are very eager to see the completed project!

Also, the backs are finished for the stockings we're making for Resha - oh yeah, we're making stockings for my babysitter Resha's two little ones - and they're set for their final jaunt to the sewing table.  They are beautiful - quilted and hand embroidered and gorgeous.

Plus we're starting to create things for the upcoming show we're doing in December.  So little time!  And - just so you can feel my pain - it's only a matter of time before Sonia starts trying to make me listen to Christmas music while we work.  I know, I've got it bad!


Please excuse me as I have no pictures today.  My camera's batteries died and while I have new ones I picked up today, they're in the kitchen and I'm in here, and, well, I'm sure you can appreciate my dilemma.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails