The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Demetri Martin

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Special Monday Morning Tape :: Old Sad Bastard Music

Original Print Date: August 17, 2009 by Andrea for Vervain Designs

Monday mornings make me think of the scene from High Fidelity where Jack Black as a typical freak out after John Cusack shuts him down for blasting and dancing vulgarly to "Walking on Sunshine".

[Rob turns off Barry's tape]
Barry: OK, buddy, uh, I was just tryin' to cheer us up so go ahead. Put on some old sad bastard music, see if I care.
Rob: I don't wanna hear old sad bastard music, Barry, I just want something I can ignore.
Barry: Here's the thing. I made that tape special for today. My special Monday morning for *you*... special.
Rob: Well, it's fuckin' Monday afternoon! You should get out of bed earlier!

Old sad bastard music makes me think of Sonia, because - well... Oh, never mind! Sonia has GREAT taste in music - I don't know what I was thinking. Who wouldn't want to sew to Enya? It's PROBABLY good for
the creative mind to slip into a semi-coma and stab oneself with sharp pointy things every now and then. Come on - how authentic are handmade wares that aren't stained with the crafter's own life blood? I'm sure when she insists on playing her music while we sew it's merely her attempt at calming my soul. Meditation is supposed to be good for you - right? Always the caring older sister... With, of course, GREAT taste in music.

On a more serious note....

I'm please to report that we have finished yet another of our orders - a doctor doll for my friend and coworker Katie who recently got accepted into medical school. I also finished my mom's birtday present, a gorgeous doll made entirely from recycled facrics, whom she named Flora. I have pictures to post (of course!) but my computer was having an adolescent defiance episode last night and wouldn't cooperate. Remaining orders are Jodie's two dolls for her daughter and neice, which are in the semi-severed-limbs end-stages of assembly and awaiting the enchantements durived from a hand embroidered face. Next up are projects for our Vervain Fair fall show next month  which will feature a collection of Sally Ann dolls - Thirties inspired dolls talented at 'making do'. Plus a few dolls for Amy's little friends in Alberta that she'll get during her visit in Septemeber. Photos to come!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails