So the quilt that I began last week has taken a direction all its own. The pattern – remember the randomly unrandom reverse linear design I poorly described in the last post – has been abandoned, having failed to overcome the Andrea element impacting its assembly. I’m not sure how I screwed this up, but screw it up I did.
But optimism shall prevail! I started out with an idea for a random patchwork design, and after over thinking the whole thing to such an extent as to eliminate any intended randomness (note to self: all randomness is lost when combined with over thinking), I have produced something even nicer than initially visualized.
Plus I`ve changed my mind about going batting-free as the overall effect was more of a bulky sheet than a quilt. But minus a few little insignificant alterations to the original plan, the quilt is coming to fruition.
Here`s a little sneak peek of the quilt top to hold you over till the final product can be unveiled. I`m sure you`re just as eagerly awaiting this reveal as yours truly.
I just love the look of patchwork with the sun shining through!!