The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Demetri Martin

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Quilt for a Hot and Humid Season

Things have been rather slow around here lately.  Hot, humid, and sticky.
Despite the heat, I felt inspired yesterday.  I started putting together a lap quilt for a little friend who will be celebrating her second birthday in August. 
For the quilt top I am using a variety of up-cycled cottons and linens plus some cotton scraps salvaged from past projects.  I’ve cut equal amounts of 6x6 squares and 3x6 rectangles and I plan to piece the fabrics randomly in a 1:1 linear pattern, with the pattern reversing on each line.  Does this make any sense?    
For the backing I am using a sweet puppy print flannel (because she loves doggies).  I plan to quilt the patchwork top directly to the flannel back (sans batting) for a lighter overall blanket. 
Perfect for snuggling with Mom for a story after a hot and humid summer day! 

I promise I’ll post pictures when the project reaches a more photogenic stage.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails