The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Demetri Martin

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sidewalk Chewing Gum Me


When I fell down the other day I was entranced by an old piece of gum with which I now found myself lying face to face. Where did it come from? Why did it look like that? Did it still have any flavor? What kind of dye do they use for gum that always makes it turn a sickening gray when it gets old and stuck on the sidewalk? I was relieved that it was only a mouth sized piece of chewing gum that I had fallen near, and not larger. I mean, I could have fallen into a hugh wad of sidewalk chewing gum and then what? It's gets really sticky - especially in the heat of the summer. I, myself, could have become stuck to the sidewalk, dried up and alone. Turning gray. Getting walked on. Hoping that someone else would have a clumsy afternoon and come down and pay me a visit. But I wouldn't stick to them and turn them into sidewalk-chewing-gum-person. No. I would just laugh at their clumsiness and the flailing of the arms that accompanies falling.

1 comment:

Jack said...

That's too funny!

I now have a phobia of anything Hubba Bubba pink because of a similar incident of falling face first into a freshly chawed wad of gooey pinkness. ICK!

Hope your week is ending well :)
Jack♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails